Confined space training
Confined and enclosed space training that’s relevant to your industry
- Essential confined space
harness work safety
- Evaluate and monitor
confined space hazards
- Learn to operate
Confined spaces such as storage tanks, pressure vessels, pipes, boilers and sewers can be extremely hazardous.
Height Dynamics offers specialised confined space training that gives you the knowledge and skills to safely enter and control the hazards encountered in these areas — from issuing work permits to the use of breathing apparatus and gas detection equipment.
All courses are industry-recognized
Enter and work in confined spaces
This course covers standby personnel responsibilities, monitoring risks and hazards, and how to work in accordance with a permit.
It also heavily focuses on practical skills needed to safely work in a confined space using different processes and equipment.
Graduate with these competencies: MSAPMPER205C Enter Confined Space, MSAPMOHS217A Gas Test Atmospheres, and MSAPMPER200C Work in Accordance with an Issued Permit.
Operate breathing apparatus
Learn the skills necessary to safely operate a breathing apparatus. The course is designed for persons who use a breathing apparatus as part of their job.
At the end of the training the successful attendees will be able to complete pre-operational checks, adjust, fit, operate and maintain a compressed air breathing apparatus.
Graduate with these competencies MSAPMOHS216A Operate breathing apparatus
Students will be assessed to determine their competency both theoretically and practically.
Those deemed competent receive a Statement of Attainment and a personalised wallet ID card.
Your free Safety officer training pack
This pack is a must-have for any busy Safety Training Officer responsible for scheduling height safety training and qualification courses. It contains:
- Every worker’s guide to height essentials safety
- A guide to confined space equipment
- Latest course schedule
- Course reminders
Train at our purpose-built facilities — or yours!
We have our own purpose-built training facility. However, we always recommend that training occurs at your workplace.
This lets us specifically address and coach your people through the access challenges of your site.
Experience has shown that doing this — making training relevant and promoting open discussion — delivers better training results. Workers subsequently maintain an increased level of awareness for their environment and perform a higher level of safe practice whilst working.
Some of the topics and practical skills you’ll learn
at our confined space training courses include:
- Legislation and governance material relating to working in confined spaces
- Legal requirements for equipment inspection and record keeping
- Hazard analysis and risk assessment
- Control measures for confined space work
- Planning and preparing to work in, enter and exit a confined space.
- Pre-use identification and selection of appropriate confined space equipment
- Correct inspection, fitting and adjustment of breathing apparatus
- Participation in SWMS to control risks for working in confined and hazardous spaces
- How to issue a confined space permit
- How to check and monitor the atmosphere of the confined space
Get the Safety Officer Training Pack
We’ll post it to you.